Fairtex has long been one of the top camps in the world for training Muay Thai champions, and now Fairtex has opened a world class BJJ and MMA facility here at the Fairtex Training Center, in Pattaya. Fairtex BJJ is run by renowned Professor, and 3rd degree black belt, Bruno Carvalho, and black belt Professor Jason “Sparkplug” Burnworth. Fairtex Training Center offers BJJ classes for all levels, both gi and no gi. At Fairtex, we believe team atmosphere, vibe and energy, are everything.
We are friendly and love to have fun, we listen to music, and we train hard. We look forward to having you here on the mats with us. Fairtex Training Center is also supported by our Premium Equipment Brand of Fairtex gear. Fairtex now offer’s premium BJJ gi’s, rash guards, grappling shorts, and most other equipment necessary for BJJ training, alongside all of our premium Muay Thai gear. Current Class Schedule can be found here. Current Program Pricing can be found here.
- Professor Bruno Carvalho comes from a famous BJJ family in Brazil, and has done bjj literally his entire life. Bruno’s grandfather, Mom, and Uncles are all BJJ and Judo black belts. Bruno had his first Judo competition when he was only 3 years of age.
- Bruno has since competed in over 25 Pro MMA Fights, BJJ, Judo, and even Muay Thai for many years. Bruno has students and affiliations all over the world and has even coached many UFC fighters, including current UFC champions.
- Not only is Professor Bruno one of the most technical coaches BJJ in the world, he is also one of the kindest, nicest, human beings around and you will be warmly welcomed into his classes.
- Professor Jason “Sparkplug” Burnworth began training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Mauricio “Hostile” Zingano in 2005 in Colorado. He continued to train under Mauricio until Mauricio’s passing in early 2014 (Rest In Peace, Mauricio).
- In 2011 he moved to Thailand to train Muay Thai, as well as BJJ. He has taught BJJ all over Thailand, and South East Asia, and has spent time in Brazil training in Rio.
- In mid 2016, Jason was awarded his Black Belt under the tutelage of Professor Bruno Carvalho. Jason has an extensive competition record with many gold medals, even earning a silver medal at the no-gi world championships in Long Beach in 2011.
Fairtex Training Center opened a brand new, XXXX square meter, premium MMA, BJJ, and Fitness training facility here in Pattaya in early 2018. The Fairtex BJJ room is air conditioned, has wall mounted fans for circulation, custom padded walls, cage wall with custom padding for takedowns, and the best mats in the world from Dollamur. Our BJJ room is sanitized several times per day and is exceptionally clean.
Q: What is BJJ?
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu eventually came to be its own combat sport through the experiments, practices, and adaptation of judo through Carlos and Helio Gracie (who passed their knowledge on to their extended family) as well as other instructors who were students of Maeda.
BJJ promotes the concept that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend themselves or another against a bigger, stronger, heavier assailant by using proper technique, leverage, and most notably, taking the fight to the ground, and then applying joint locks and chokeholds to defeat the opponent.